Snow is falling at Merseyway this Christmas as the centre’s popular
Snow Garden returns
This December, Stockport is guaranteed another white Christmas as Merseyway Shopping Centre’s annual Snow Garden returns.
Brimming with fluffy artificial snow, children aged 9 and under can dress up a pair of frosty snowmen, throw soft playable snowballs and write a letter to Santa, all for free.
Complete with glistening Christmas trees, Merseyway’s Snow Garden will be located outside Specsavers from Monday 4th December – Saturday 23rd December. Open 11am – 4pm from Monday – Saturday and 11am – 3pm on Sundays, the Winter Snow Garden will be open every day on the run-up to Christmas. Totally Stockport, Stockport’s Business Improvement District will be hosting late night openings at the Snow Garden every Tuesday – Thursday until 8pm (on the 5th, 6th and 7th it will be open until 7pm). Little ones can also make ‘Santa Stop Here’ signs every Thursday in free craft workshops.
New to the centre this year will be Merseyway’s Festive Huts – open from Wednesday 15th November until Sunday 24th December. Merseyway’s Festive Huts will be located around the centre selling all kinds of festive treats including artisan cheeses, novelty Christmas hats and stockings, personalised Christmas decorations, sweet treats, as well as waffles, mulled wine, Christmas wreaths and winter food. There’ll also be a Christmas Hook a Duck games cabin for families to enjoy.
Brendan Webb, Centre Manager said “We’re thrilled to have a whole host of festive activity lined up in Merseyway this Christmas. With guaranteed snow in the Snow Garden and Festive Huts throughout the centre, I’m really excited to work with the Merseyway team and centre retailers over this period to make this Christmas a wonderful experience for our loyal shoppers.”
Councillor Kate Butler, Stockport Council’s Cabinet Member for Economy and Regeneration, said: “This Christmas will be a very special one. There are so many events and activities happening in the town centre and lots more happening across the borough in the run up to Christmas for people of all ages to enjoy.”
“I hope that everyone can soak up the fantastic atmosphere by shopping in Stockport, supporting our local businesses, and taking advantage of everything that will be happening in the borough during this festive season.”
Merseyway is also running two festive giveaways – children who post a letter to Santa at the Winter Snow Garden will be in with a chance of winning an early Christmas present from their Christmas list, while local shoppers can enter Merseyway’s Facebook competition ’12 Days of Christmas’. From 1st – 12th December, Merseyway will be giving a present away every day on the run-up to Christmas from Merseyway retailers.
Follow @merseyway or visit www.merseyway.com for more information and updates on Christmas at Merseyway 2017.
Opening Times for the Snow Garden
Monday 4th December (11am-4pm)
Tuesday 5th December (11am-7pm)
Wednesday 6th December (11am-7pm)
Thursday 7th December (11am-7pm)
Friday 8th December (11am-4pm)
Saturday 9th December (11am-4pm)
Sunday 10th December (11am-3pm)
Monday 11th December (11am-4pm)
Tuesday 12th December (11am-8pm)
Wednesday 13th December (11am-8pm)
Thursday 14th December (11am-8pm)
Friday 15th December (11am-4pm)
Saturday 16th December (11am-4pm)
Sunday 17th December (11-3pm)
Monday 18th December (11-4pm)
Tuesday 19th December (11-8pm)
Wednesday 20th December (11-8pm)
Thursday 21st December (11-8pm)
Friday 22nd December (11-4pm)
Saturday 23rd December (11-5pm)
Terms and Conditions for Letters to Santa
- (“Terms”). By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully.
- The competition is open to all UK residents aged 9 and under with permission from their lawful parent or guardian. All entrants must have a valid UK postal address, except persons connected in any way to this promotion.
- Full completion of the entry form within Merseyway Shopping Centre is compulsory for participation and must be posted through the provided letterbox.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person.
- The closing date for entry is 11am on Thursday 14th December 2017 and the winners will be asked to attend Merseyway Shopping Centre’s Winter Snow Garden on Sunday 17th December 2017 at 11am to accept the prizes.
- Should any products requested be unavailable at the time of winning, Merseyway Shopping Centre have the right to substitute with an alternative of equal or greater value. Specifications are subject to change. All prizes will need to be collected by the winner and their lawful parent or guardian within 7 working days from the date of winning.
- All prizes have a limited worth of £50 or less.
- No expenses incurred in connection with the prize draw will be paid other than as set in these terms and conditions.
- There are no cash alternatives: the prize must be accepted as offered, is non-transferable, subject to availability and cannot be exchanged. Products/prizes obtained through the promotion are not subject to refund or exchange.
- Failure to accept the prize at the time of contact will automatically render a prize entry void and will be offered to an alternative entrant.
- The prize winner may be required to take part in some promotional activity as a condition of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If you are required to take part in such promotional activity, you agree that we may (but are not obliged to) use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), social media advertising (such as Facebook and Twitter), leaflets and flyers and on our website. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use by us of your image or footage in which you appear.
- The selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Merseyway Shopping Centre cannot accept any liability for any entries that are late, lost or incomplete.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will automatically render a prize entry void. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.
- We will keep your personal information secure and will process it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) in exceptional circumstances, vary, amend or cancel this promotion at any time on reasonable notice, including varying the closing date for the promotion; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the promotion if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) amend these Terms, in which case we will use reasonable efforts to notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this promotion or the prizes.
- This promotion is run by Merseyway Shopping Centre (“we:, “us” or “our”).
- These Terms and this promotion are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.