This Privacy and Cookies Policy is designed to inform you about our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information that you may provide to us, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council via www.merseyway.com (the “Website”).
The Website is managed by CBRE Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 03536032 who registered office is at St Martin’s Court, 10 Paternoster Row, London, EC4M 7HP. References in this policy to ‘us’ or ‘we’ are references to M&G Real Estate Limited, CBRE Limited or M&G Real Estate Limited’s affiliates/group companies.
We may revise this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time and such revision will take effect when it is posted on this Website. We therefore encourage you to check this page frequently for posted revisions regarding the way in which we collect and use your personal data.
We collect certain personal information that you provide to us when, for example, you register to use the site, such as your name, address and contact details (“Personal Information”).
Use we make of your Personal Information
- If you provide Personal Information abouth yourself (such as your name, address, telephone number) by completing an Online Registration Form, by emailing us or otherwise by voluntarily telling us about yourself or your activities, we will collect and retain that Personal Information.
- If you complete the Online Contact Form or send us an email we will use the Personal Information to provide the information you have requested or, if you have consented to us doing so, other information that we believe will be of interest to you.
- If you have asked us to contact you with advice or information, we will use your Personal Information to contact you in the manner (if any) specified on the Online Registration Form or communication from you.
- Occasionally we may use your Personal Information to notify you about important changes to the Site, new services we will be providing, events or articles or other information we think will be of interest to you.
- Where you have provided your consent for us to do so, we may use the Personal Information for marketing purposes and market research. This will help us improve our services and the content of the Site.
- We may also use your Personal Information for identifying shopping trends and demographics to improve our marketing strategy.
Storing your Personal Information
- We may share your Personal Information with out other Group companies, agents and business partners as set out in the registration form.
- We will NOT sell your Personal Information to, or otherwise share your Personal Information with, other unrelated companies.
Storing your Personal Information
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers located within the EEA. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect the information we store about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted via our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Data Processing Appendix
- The provisions of this Appendix (the “Data Processing Appendix”) form part of the terms of our appointment to the extent that condition 9.4 of the Standard Terms of Business applies.
- For the purposes of this Data Processing Appendix:
2.1 “Data Protection Laws” means the EU Data Protection Laws and the laws of other states and territories that create and regulate substantially similar concepts and legal principles as are contained in the EU Data Protection Laws in relation to the processing of personal data and sensitive personal data;
2.2 “EU Data Protection Laws” means the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and any legislation in force in EU member states from time to time which implements GDPR; and
2.3 “data subject”, “personal data”, “sensitive personal data”, “consent”, “controller”, “processor” and “processing” mean those concepts, roles and activities as defined in EU Data Protection Laws.
- We anticipate collecting and processing personal data about relevant business contacts and representatives of you (and where relevant also other entities in your group) in the context of the products and services we provide, including names, email addresses and telephone numbers. We will retain that data whilst we retain a business relationship with you (or where applicable other members of your group) for the purposes of providing products and services to you (and those members of your group) and for managing our relationship with you (and such other members of your group), which may include contacting you about new or other products and services we might offer from time to time.
- We shall:
4.1 process the personal data only on documented instructions from you, including with regard to transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organisation, unless required to do so by European Union or the national law of an EU member state to which we are subject. In such a case, we shall inform you of that legal requirement before processing, unless that law prohibits such information on important grounds of public interest;
4.2 ensure that persons authorised to process the personal data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality;
4.3 implement appropriate organisational and technical measures as required pursuant to Article 32 (security of processing) of GDPR;
4.4 respect the conditions for engaging another processor referred to in paragraphs 2 and 4 of Article 28 (processor) of GDPR;
4.5 taking into account the nature of the processing, assist you by appropriate technical and organisational measures, insofar as this is possible, for the fulfilment of your obligation to respond to requests for exercising the data subject’s rights laid down in Chapter III of GDPR;
4.6 assist you in ensuring compliance with the obligations pursuant to Articles 32 to 36 of GDPR taking into account the nature of the processing and the information available to us;
4.7 at your choice, delete or return all the personal data to you after the end of the provision of services relating to processing, and delete existing copies unless European Union law or the national law of an EU member state to which we are subject requires storage of the personal data;
4.8 make available to you all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations laid down in Article 28 (processor) of GDPR and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted by you or another auditor mandated by you (in each case at your cost); and
4.9 immediately inform you if, in our opinion, an instruction infringes GDPR or other Data Protection Laws.
Social Media House Rules
Hi there to all our social media followers and fans.
We’d love you to get involved on our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages, by joining our conversations, sharing content and telling us about your experiences at Merseyway Shopping Centre. We want to make our social channels as fun and interesting as possible for our fans. At the same time we want you to have a fun and positive experiences when visiting our pages, so we have put some rules of play in place for all our lovely followers and fans.
We love to chat. So when it comes to chatting, we promise to respond to your direct comments or posts within 24 hours. Our working hours are 9 – 5.30pm Monday to Friday but we also monitor messages received outside of this time, and will respond as soon as possible.
If you post some great images, video, or any other content on Merseyway Shopping Centre social media pages, we may want to use your content in our future marketing material. If we do, we’ll make sure to contact you directly beforehand.
We want all fans of the Merseyway Shopping Centre Facebook page to be able to express their opinions freely and feel comfortable about talking with other Merseyway Shopping Centre fans on this page. Taking this in to consideration, we will monitor every posting, review all comments and remove any that are inappropriate or offensive, including:
- Abusive, inciting violence or otherwise threatening or confrontational behaviour towards others, including swear words.
- Discriminatory, racist, , indecent, sexually explicit, or offensive comments towards others
- Promotional information, including any links to third party products or services
- Infringement of third party intellectual property, privacy, and/or publicity rights
- False, fraudulent, or misleading claims
- Spam messages which are corrupt or contain viruses
Please understand that comments posted to our social media pages do not represent the opinions of Merseyway Shopping Centre.
Thanks for joining our community
The Merseyway Team