Merseyway supports Purple Tuesday 2020
Merseyway is proud to support Purple Tuesday 2020 – the UK’s most accessible shopping day.
With nearly one in every five people in the UK having a disability or impairment, the aim of Purple Tuesday, created and coordinated by disability organisation, Purple, is to inspire customer-facing businesses to make changes and improve the disabled customer experience over the long term.
We’re committed to making shopping a more inclusive experience, not for just one day but all year round and have a range of services and facilities available for our disabled customers to make their shopping experience effortless and enjoyable. These include:
· A virtual tour available to view here on our website enabling customers to plan their journey through the centre before they arrive.
· Provision of Hidden Disabilities lanyards and face covering exemption cards, available from our management suite.
· Accessible parking bays with free parking anywhere in the Merseyway multi-storey car park for Blue Badge holders for up to three hours.
· Fully accessible toilet facilities.
· Shopmobililty Stockport – a service which provides a range of motorised and manual wheelchairs that can be hired to make getting around the centre that bit easier. Open Tuesdays, Fridays and alternate Saturdays from 10am – 4pm.
Our staff are on hand should any customer require assistance whilst they are shopping with us and have been trained to become Dementia Friends and Autism Friends, providing help and support for our disabled customers.
For more information on Purple Tuesday, visit https://purpletuesday.org.uk